DeKalb County business leaders and influencers are invited to join a virtual Growing in the Workplace Roundtable Event:: Blind Spots: Exploring Unconscious Bias - to talk openly about opportunities to promote awareness and understanding of issues that affect workplace diversity and equality in DeKalb County, Tuesday, October 6th, 11AM ET, sponsored by Georgia Furniture Mart. By hosting an event that gathers business leaders for open and honest communication, Georgia Furniture Mart hopes to promote opportunities that allow growth and equality in our workplaces.
This virtual, yet interactive event will include a session led by Carly Williams, the former US Diversity & Inclusion Recruiting Leader for Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) who will discuss various ways that unconscious bias can impact decision-making involving hiring, promotion, performance, communication and leadership.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the personal and business case for diversity and inclusion
- Define diversity, inclusion, bias, and implicit bias
- Discuss implicit bias and its potential impact on decisions and outcomes
- Identify mindsets needed to foster a culture of inclusivity
- Identify barriers and benefits to having diversity discussions in the workplace
- Recognize the importance of dialogue in building relationships and expanding perspectives across differences
- Engage in conversations to broaden their perspectives
- Commit to action to fostering inclusivity on their teams and across their interactions
REGISTER NOW!: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/georgia-furniture-mart-presents-blind-spots-exploring-unconscious-bias-tickets-118204519901
If you would like to watch the first Growing in the Workplace Event with DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond, please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZTYRIlJhlk&t=4s