Skip to main content

FAQs (Related to Clerk of Court)

Municipal Court

There is a scheduled court date and time indicated on the citation. This is your arraignment date. You will be asked to enter a plea at that time. Please be on time for your appointed court date as the judge will give you valuable information concerning your pleas and fines, etc. at the opening of the court session.

If the violation is not a mandatory appearance violation, you may pay the fine prior to the court date and time to avoid an appearance in court. If your fine is not paid by the end of your scheduled court session, you will be penalized for failing to appear in court on your scheduled court date and time. You may contact the Clerk’s office to find out the amount of your fine, or pay it online using the link provided. Some examples of mandatory appearance is DUI, Disorderly Conduct, No License, Suspended License, Suspended Registration, Reckless Driving, No Insurance, Fleeing or attempting to Elude and any charge involving an Accident. Click Here: To Pay Fines Online.

If you plea not guilty, you will be given the option of having a non-jury trial by our Judge. Trials are NOT heard on your arraignment date because the Officers are not present at your arraignment. All not guilty pleas will be reset to a trial calendar to allow time to subpoena all witnesses, including the officer, who may be called upon to testify at your trial. 

Accident reports may be obtained from the Clarkston Police Department. You may contact the Records Division of the Clarkston Police Department at (404)292-9465 for more information.

If you do not agree with the Judge's decision made on your case, you may appeal it through the Superior Court of DeKalb County. Please contact the Clerk's office of the DeKalb County Superior Court for further information.

O.C.G.A. § 40-5-33 mandates that drivers must update their address with the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety within 60 days of moving.   If the address on your license or citation is outdated, it is your responsibility to notify the Clerk of Court of the correct address.  Notices sent to an incorrect address will not constitute an excuse for non-compliance.  Therefore your case would still be considered as Failure to Appear.